Chalice Coloration

saltypilot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
199
Reaction score
29
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Where’s my chalice folks?
I bought this “rainbow” chalice and this is all I can get out of it. Lower flow and bottom former of the tank in lower light.
Any suggestions to make this thing color up?
20260316_202947_19D5C095-5FA1-48C4-9B9D-01CFA8001B64.png
 
has it lost color since you introduced it? Tank paramaters?
 
has it lost color since you introduced it? Tank paramaters?
Ya there was definitely some greens that faded.
I run mostly SPS so .05 on Phosphates and about 3 on nitrates.
Possibly could be due to the lower nutrient system?
 
I have 2 rainbow chalice corals that sit about 3" above the sand and run even less phosphate and about the same nitrate and see no loss of color. they are slow growing in my system. I am performing weekly 10% water changes with tropic marin pro.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new