Chalice Frag help

MdgtRac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before i start ill explain my setup. 12g jbj nano cube. Pair of clowns and a six line wrasse. Kessil a 150 deep ocean blue about 6 inches off the top of the water. I recently purchased a chalice frag from a frag swap on Saturday, I put it in the tank about an inch off the sandbed on a piece of live rock. It just so happened that that day was coral feeding day, so I attempted to feed the chalice. How I go about feeding is I squirt a little coral frenzy around the corals till they spread there feeders then I feed mysis. I do this to all my corals( Duncan that's growing nicely, a hammer, acan that has three heads and a chalice frag that I bought with 6 eyes and now has 9 plus) and I physically see these corals eat so I know they like the process. But this frag didnt spread its feeders. now yeaterday I tried isolating it a little by putting a bottle top over it, and squirted some frenzy and still no feeders.
Does I just take a while for chalice frags to adjust or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for the help Zack.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices eat the same way. But it depends on the family of chalice. I have several. Some have feeders out as soon as they sense food. Others only at night, or inflate like a balloon. Some actually have polyps that extend, they look similar to a cyphastrea polyp. Others just open their mouth and no real feeder tentacles.

It sounds as if you are doing things right. It may take it awhile to acclimate to your tank and feeding routine. You will see how it response to eating in time.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back