Chalice question

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the chalice game just wondering how it works and why some command such a high price are there different sp. Of chalice r they cultivated to become those amazing colors of more likely it sounds like the supplier who gets his hands on a newly discovered pice first then grows it out and offers it as limited release as it grows ???
Where r they collected?
And why do I see a chalice for 150$ then see the same one in the 10$ section on one of the sponsors sites ??
I like them and wish I was rich so I could buy them all

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol, did this question open a can of worms?
theres a lot of factors to consider, when i started collecting chalices a year or so ago, like tyree chalices(reeffarmers.com) i wanted to buy frags that were real lineaged pieces. Some chalices grow fast, some grow slow, and some have very unique coloration and pigmentation. Theres alot of factors to consider when asking why chalices are worth the money they are commanding IMO. Growth rate, unique color/pigmentation, rarity, supply/demand etc...

OP
OP
M

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe I'm exaggerating but I have seen mr coral selling chalice frags that look just as nice as other chalices I see on here being sold for 100$ plus

mnswreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many chalices around and some of them look the same. Prices based on who's own them and named their prices.

Fragtastic Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should bring this up. Alot of corals that have been "named" sell for alot of money, although sometimes you can get the same coral coloration just dont have the name is all. They all mostly originally come from the ocean so there is really no difference except coloration, growth, health..etc...

Some of the color variations are rare and hard to come by and demad high prices. Some are just as colorful but a large supply is avialable. A funny story is someone posted on another site to have LE catwisers aptasia and was trying to sell them just because he gave them a name...which I find kinda funny.. :wink:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back