Chalice Show-Off Thread!!!

6BAAD2D8-FB12-449D-8574-F3D3B897D1B1.jpeg
B6D85765-7223-444A-86EE-CA6980CC5426.jpeg
 
t5?or leds? do you know hamy much par?

I can't say exactly how much par, but it is approximately 24in away from gen2 pro radions that run nearly full blast for 5+ hours daily, off to the side of the beam but not in shade.
 
Picked this up from a local dealer today. The original colonies have started to work together and this is one of his frags of it. My first chalice hopefully it thrives.

9CA1CC40-417B-45F6-AD7D-5319975CEF75.jpeg
 
after glancing through this thread ive changed my mind lol I may want to get a chalice. How big do they get and how hard are they to keep?
 
after glancing through this thread ive changed my mind lol I may want to get a chalice. How big do they get and how hard are they to keep?
They get really big eventually. But it takes awhile, 2-5 years for a frag to be a big monster colony. Some grow quicker. They are generally pretty easy to keep with good tank maintence and stable levels and proper lighting. They can sting corals around them, sometimes decently far away, 6 inches or more depending on the type. So just place them away from other coral or downwind flow-wise.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new