Chalice Show-Off Thread!!!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a new addiction! Chalices! Post pics of what u have!!! I don't have much now, but hope to have a lot more in a few days. I would love to see all of yours.

Please post your lighting setups and bulb selections as well.

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post mine in about two weeks or so. I have about 15-20 different ones. Welcome to the addiction... your tank will soon be overwhelmed with them... haha

here is a little teaser though;

Tyree Pink Lemonade Echino
100_1877.jpg

ATL Blood Red, (red, purple, and yellow with orange eyes)
100_1871.jpg

Tyree Pink Watermelon
100_1855.jpg

100_1830.jpg

JNS Grape Watermelon
100_1854.jpg

Hybrid Watermelon
DSC00258.jpg

Rainbow Echino
DSC00260.jpg

Jimmy Orange Sherbet
DSC00240.jpg

Also off the top of my head I have;
4-color Echino
Rasta Echino
Tyree Aspera Echino
and about 8 more unnamed unique pieces!

PS I AM ALWAYS OPEN FOR TRADES WITH OTHER UNIQUE AND BRIGHTLY COLORED ****** ECHINOS

Last edited:
OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWEEET!!!! I love them all!!! Thanks for posting!

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Al, does that guy wanna sell or trade any of his frags?

he already sold most of his colonies/frags last week as he's getting out of the hobby for a while (no trades obviously).

i imagine you'll see a few of his colonies pop up here on CZ...as i know a few members that bought them. ;)

OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he already sold most of his colonies/frags last week as he's getting out of the hobby for a while (no trades obviously).

i imagine you'll see a few of his colonies pop up here on CZ...as i know a few members that bought them. ;)

A "few" members!

Who else got them! Names. I need names!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A "few" members!

Who else got them! Names. I need names!

well, got frags at least. i know a local got the alien eye colony. i'm not sure who got the orange/pink chalice colony. i would hope a local did. most of the watermelons went to one person...on CZ....cough... ;)

the red watermelon colon is still for sale if you don't mind taking out a small loan...lol

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah, as far as his lighting went. it was a 90g oceanic. with 2x250w phoenix 14k's ran on HQI ballasts. then also 4 T5's, 2 were geisman actinic plus bulbs (450nm), and 2 were geisman pure actinic bulbs (420nm).

IMO, the key to getting these pink/red combo chalices to color up is that 450nm actinic bulb. that bulb makes reds and pinks *POP*.

i'm currently running a 250w radium on HQI. but i plan to switch to an icecap ballast as the HQI is just too strong for my tank. i'm also planning on picking up some T5 geisman actinic plus bulbs (450nm) when i get the chance. hopefully that will get my chalices to color up more.

OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most of the watermelons went to one person...on CZ....cough... ;)

WOW!!! Someone must be very happy.

oh yeah, as far as his lighting went. it was a 90g oceanic. with 2x250w phoenix 14k's ran on HQI ballasts. then also 4 T5's, 2 were geisman actinic plus bulbs (450nm), and 2 were geisman pure actinic bulbs (420nm).

IMO, the key to getting these pink/red combo chalices to color up is that 450nm actinic bulb. that bulb makes reds and pinks *POP*.

i'm currently running a 250w radium on HQI. but i plan to switch to an icecap ballast as the HQI is just too strong for my tank. i'm also planning on picking up some T5 geisman actinic plus bulbs (450nm) when i get the chance. hopefully that will get my chalices to color up more.

Thanks for the info. I should have my Tek fixture today and a bunch of bulbs to try out. I'll have to order some of those 450nm bulbs.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what a chalice looks like after a tank crash.
ChaliceBrownOut.jpg

A local suffered a tank crash (probably induced by a pH drop from his calcium reactor). This is one of the few corals that "survived" that I'm holding for him. It looked like complete sh*!. I couldn't even make out any eye spots for the first two weeks it was in my tank. It's starting to grow on me, and I'm looking forward to seeing it color up again.

OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is gonna be a sweet thread guys! Keep-'em coming!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back