Changing light schedule help.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a new job today. So i no longer work from home. My light schedule now is 7 to 3. Radions AB+. I was wondering if i can switch to 1 to 9? Same hours just different time a day? Or would that bother the coral? I want to be able to view my tank and my corals when i come home and feed.

Undersea Gardens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure you can. I would turn the lights off for a couple days. Then set your new schedule with an acclimation mode starting at about 50 percent of where you are now. May not be a totally necessary precaution but a few weeks to acclimate to the new schedule can't hurt

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure you can. I would turn the lights off for a couple days. Then set your new schedule with an acclimation mode starting at about 50 percent of where you are now. May not be a totally necessary precaution but a few weeks to acclimate to the new schedule can't hurt
But its the same intensity why would i do acclimation mode? Just different hours a day? Same hours too

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back