Channels out of sync with time V2+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently raised my lamp for more coverage over tables and made slight adjustments to compensate intensity.

Now my Red and Green channel are turning off at wrong time and causing huge issues with some of my corals.
Tried reprogramming the light.
Tried unplugging and plugging back in.

I've unplugged the lamp totally now and charging the remote fully.
At a total loss right now.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't have the lights but bump for someone that may have a solution or idea...

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running any jebao equipment? specifically the wavemakers in master/slave mode have been found to cause issues with light programming.

When I first got mine, and every once in awhile when we have a big power outage or something (but not consistently) I find my channels fall out of sync. I usually do a reset to defaults on the remote, set my time first (seems to be a key) then fully reprogram and get back to normal.

If that doesn't work, reach out to Logan he may have more ideas?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running any jebao equipment? specifically the wavemakers in master/slave mode have been found to cause issues with light programming.

When I first got mine, and every once in awhile when we have a big power outage or something (but not consistently) I find my channels fall out of sync. I usually do a reset to defaults on the remote, set my time first (seems to be a key) then fully reprogram and get back to normal.

If that doesn't work, reach out to Logan he may have more ideas?
No any other equipment on wifi and nothing I can think of that could interfere. I did reset my time which was slow by 15 minutes, reset hours and minutes anyway,, ran through time cycles on all channels, plugged the remote in and plugged my lamp back in after all that. Hopefully its straightened out today.
Something was way off. I walked in last night at ramp down and half my shrooms where cupping and spilling guts.
Totally unacceptable.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders
Any suggestions?
Red and Green Channel turning off 2hrs early. Unplugged, reset time, scrolled through hours on all channels.
Don't know what to do!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No any other equipment on wifi and nothing I can think of that could interfere. I did reset my time which was slow by 15 minutes, reset hours and minutes anyway,, ran through time cycles on all channels, plugged the remote in and plugged my lamp back in after all that. Hopefully its straightened out today.
Something was way off. I walked in last night at ramp down and half my shrooms where cupping and spilling guts.
Totally unacceptable.
Ugh I'm sorry. I think he's a little more responsive on the Facebook group if you haven't tried there already? Or just email him through the website ?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders
Any suggestions?
Red and Green Channel turning off 2hrs early. Unplugged, reset time, scrolled through hours on all channels.
Don't know what to do!
The reds/greens make up less than 6% of the lights power combined, and also have very little affect on corals- so I wouldn't be worried about those channels in particular causing the issues you are talking about. That being said if you share your exact program by the hour, I will be able to provide you with more insight on this. It sounds like perhaps your greens and reds are programmed at less than 10% before shutoff, so they may be turning off earlier as the controller dims a minimum of 10% an hour. If you start at 5%, it will be at 0% by the middle of the hour.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reds/greens make up less than 6% of the lights power combined, and also have very little affect on corals- so I wouldn't be worried about those channels in particular causing the issues you are talking about. That being said if you share your exact program by the hour, I will be able to provide you with more insight on this. It sounds like perhaps your greens and reds are programmed at less than 10% before shutoff, so they may be turning off earlier as the controller dims a minimum of 10% an hour. If you start at 5%, it will be at 0% by the middle of the hour.
Running brs reccomended schedule for softies to the T with elevated violet and royal channel by 1%.
So red and green set to 3%.
Channels have always dimmed down off slightly before lights out.
Problem is they are shutting down 2hrs earlier than programmed.
There's bigger problems though. Since ive ran through all the tricks of scrolling through hours, totally resetting channels to 0 and starting over. Unplugging light from ballast, ballast from plug.
Now my light is dimming and getting brighter on its own periodically throughout the day.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also actually kind of surprised to hear you say the red and green channels have very little effect on corals.
I have to strongly disagree with that especially on a system that corals are acclimated to particular light schedule I can tell you that ive already had 1 coral detach from plug and another one spitting guts getting ready to detach.
But like I said I believe there's something seriously wrong with the lamp as its dimming and getting brighter periodically throughout the day all on its own. Its totally out of sync or something.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also actually kind of surprised to hear you say the red and green channels have very little effect on corals.
I have to strongly disagree with that especially on a system that corals are acclimated to particular light schedule I can tell you that ive already had 1 coral detach from plug and another one spitting guts getting ready to detach.
But like I said I believe there's something seriously wrong with the lamp as its dimming and getting brighter periodically throughout the day all on its own. Its totally out of sync or something.
The white LEDs are full spectrum, and have red/green in them already. At 3% the reds/greens make up less than .5% of overall light. Yes, they do have some marginal effect, but for the most part whether or not the reds/greens are on is a matter of personal preference. They're mostly for adjusting your lights visual color tone. Greens hit none of the photosynthetic peaks and reds do but only on a smaller mark. The importance of each color channel based on coral growth and coloration falls roughly in this order: Violets, Royal Blue, White, Cool Blue, Red, Green.

What lights were you running before, and at what percentage? That will also help me determine if the lights need adjustment.

Do keep in mind, these lights will change between set points, they don't change on the hour. So if you set the reds to 3% at 21:00, and 0% at 22:00, they will be off by 21:18 (1% every 6 minutes).

If you feel your light is not following that kind of schedule, you can certainly send it in for testing, but to avoid that inconvenience I can send you a Reef Nexus integration kit as a courtesy instead ($100 retail price- and not even released yet)- that will get you on the wireless app, which has more precise programming. Send me an email at logan at reefbreeders dot com.

I'll include a return label for your wifi chip so I can test and verify this. It sounds like the light is set quite low and simply shutting off early as those channels are at less than 10%, which is perfectly normal. But if you feel there is something off about your schedule I can install your old remote and wireless chip in a test light here and put it through its paces.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what is your on/off time? I understand you are running the BRS settings, which would be as follows:

CH1/2: 3%
3/5/6: 35%
4: 18%

What is your on/off time, and exact hourly program? I need more information to analyze the schedule fully.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white LEDs are full spectrum, and have red/green in them already. At 3% the reds/greens make up less than .5% of overall light. Yes, they do have some marginal effect, but for the most part whether or not the reds/greens are on is a matter of personal preference. They're mostly for adjusting your lights visual color tone. Greens hit none of the photosynthetic peaks and reds do but only on a smaller mark. The importance of each color channel based on coral growth and coloration falls roughly in this order: Violets, Royal Blue, White, Cool Blue, Red, Green.

What lights were you running before, and at what percentage? That will also help me determine if the lights need adjustment.

Do keep in mind, these lights will change between set points, they don't change on the hour. So if you set the reds to 3% at 21:00, and 0% at 22:00, they will be off by 21:18 (1% every 6 minutes).

If you feel your light is not following that kind of schedule, you can certainly send it in for testing, but to avoid that inconvenience I can send you a Reef Nexus integration kit as a courtesy instead ($100 retail price- and not even released yet)- that will get you on the wireless app, which has more precise programming. Send me an email at logan at reefbreeders dot com.

I'll include a return label for your wifi chip so I can test and verify this. It sounds like the light is set quite low and simply shutting off early as those channels are at less than 10%, which is perfectly normal. But if you feel there is something off about your schedule I can install your old remote and wireless chip in a test light here and put it through its paces.
Thanks Logan greatly appreciated i will shoot you an email here in a bit. Anything you can do to help get things under control without me sending lamp in for repairs would be awesome.
Yes prior to me making minor changes in my schedule last week my red and green channel did ramp down to off at scheduled off time just like you suggest it should.
Lamps been up for 4 months or so on same schedule and never an issue prior to making minor adjustments in intensity last week.

Also, what is your on/off time? I understand you are running the BRS settings, which would be as follows:

CH1/2: 3%
3/5/6: 35%
4: 18%

What is your on/off time, and exact hourly program? I need more information to analyze the schedule fully.
I am running 12 hrs total from 7am-7pm. Slight ramp up all channels in morning and all channels ramp down 100% together from 6pm to 7pm.
I'll have to post my exact schedule later when I get home from work.

Last night I set everything back to what it was before I made slight adjustments last week. Hoping things go back to normal until we get the kinks worked out.
Never had an issue with lamp prior to this.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back