Chaoti and Radiant Wrasse in QT, Sand in small container

SoCalVictor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two wrasse currently in a bare-bottom QT tank. Both seem to be doing decent and starting to eat but not aggressively yet.

I put a small glassware container with sand in it for them to hide when sleeping. They seem to be ignoring it and when stressed or when its dark, I see them trying to dig into the bottom of the tank, which is glass. Any tips on getting them to use the sand?

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two wrasse currently in a bare-bottom QT tank. Both seem to be doing decent and starting to eat but not aggressively yet.

I put a small glassware container with sand in it for them to hide when sleeping. They seem to be ignoring it and when stressed or when its dark, I see them trying to dig into the bottom of the tank, which is glass. Any tips on getting them to use the sand?
I think they will eventually figure it out. I just took a radiant wrasse through 6 weeks of qt with a bare bottom and no sand at all and he did great. The radiant is an awesome fish. Good luck!!

OP
OP
S

SoCalVictor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the radiant wrasse. I've been looking for a radiant wrasse for months now.

Mine seems to have a persistent open mouth. I'm concerned he had some jaw damage from knocking his head into the bag during shipment or against the bottom of my tank. I had a potter's leopard that had something like that and the jaw eventually closed. The issue doesn't seem to be preventing the radiant wrasse from eating.

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the radiant wrasse. I've been looking for a radiant wrasse for months now.

Mine seems to have a persistent open mouth. I'm concerned he had some jaw damage from knocking his head into the bag during shipment or against the bottom of my tank. I had a potter's leopard that had something like that and the jaw eventually closed. The issue doesn't seem to be preventing the radiant wrasse from eating.
My radiant seems to hold his mouth open a lot. He likes to attack his reflection in the glass. Always worry he’s going to hurt himself but he definitely eats well. They have a lot of personality besides looking awesome. Hope yours does well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back