Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We'll be cool to meet you. :)

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for setting this up. despite only selling half of what i brought, had a great time and met lots of nice folks.

So when's the next one??? :)

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a blast going to my first frag swap! Of course I didn't have any frags but it was great seeing all the people and their stuff.

Had a chance to purchase my first two frags and even got a donation all for my schools tank. Thank goodness for the kindness of Pastors :p

Look forward to going to more swaps and hopefully trading frags soon!
-geoff

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys got a chance to come up and had a good time.

I wanted to thank everyone for coming out today and all the hard work everyone put in. It was a real group effort and it would not have all worked so smoothly without everyone doing their part. I think this years swap was a huge success!! At this rate we will soon be needing a bigger place to hold the event. We deffinately need to work on something for the frag demo next year - 2 years in a row it has be a LOSER!!! Oh well we have some time to work on that. Thanks again to everyone who participated.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time. Loaded up with clowns and got some really cool zoas (thanks Rev, fishdoc, Art, and Randy:)). Had a great time talking with people I hadn't seen in a while.

What happened at the fragging demo? I missed it.

OP
OP
bkv1997

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we sold fragging demo tickets when you came in and people stopped by the fragging demo table when they wanted to get there frag.

We only sold 4 tickets. :(

jermpool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should try the fragging demo the way it was in Nashville. Or if you want to do it the same way have a pic of the coral being fragged with the tickets, so they know what they are getting.

Another thing that I think would make it smoother is if we had a sign at the same place as the door prize tickets with the cost of each table.Instead of having some loser walk around asking for the money.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a dedicated location and time definitely helps draw a crowd. It is hectic to do for the fragger(s), but when a crowd forms, every realizes somethign is going on and they typically respond. One of the main omcplaints I heard on the last Nashville Swap fragging demonstration (I did the hacking:rolleyes:) was that I didn't give enough explanation. That would be something to work on, though that makes the time needed for doing a demonstration increase quite a bit. To cut up the A. nobilis and Mycedium, I think it took about 30 minutes, and I was hustling. I didn't do any gluing or bagging, so that was just in cutting and dremeling. Something to put what is happening on a screen for all to see with some narrative from the fragger to explina why he/she cuts the way they do on the coral as they are cutting would likely be the best solution, though coral guts and electronics aren't the best combination:D. This is the solution I came up with after the Nashville swap. Another option might be a [rerecorded fragging of somethign similar with narration that can be played at a fraggin demonstration station at the swap so people can watch at their own convenience-they'd maybe understand more during the actual fragging demonstration. Brainstorming. I need to take some of this down to see if I can maybe help out my MTRC peeps in next year's swap... I love feedback threads because it gives you a direction for next year.

sailfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the tables...I think next year we take Jeremy's advice and sell the table spots at the door. We should presale on the forums as much as we can. Then have a display card for them. The card can act as a receipt and they can also display it on the table so everyone knows who they are. We can also have some blanks for the walk in sellers. Next year we definitely need to get name tags we can all wear. Everyone can write their screen names and real names on the tags. We also need a table somewhere pushing the club. I think the swap is a great place to get more members. Just some thoughts.

jermpool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bout printing off "instructions" and handing them out to the people who get a frag?

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I go about getting a T Shirt from the swap? I got a CZ shirt, but no Chatt Frag Swap shirt.

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have info for the teacher that was selling kenya tree frags? He's from Georgia.

Next time, I'm going to put pictures of biniki girls as a backdrop to my tank...I should get more interest in my frags then! :D

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was suppose to be someone sitting at the entrance collecting money for the tables, for whatever reason that was changed at the last minute. which didnt seem to be a problem. The tables were reserved ahead of time, but it needs to be a first come first serve or you will have alot of empty tables and people wanting a different location. As for the fragging demo, due to several complications along the way we never knew till the morning of the swap what corals would be donated, So it wasnt ever really given a chance to succeed. I would like to say that better organization would have helped, but we had two different people drop the ball on the demo, so it was a difficult situation. I do like the idea of doing a recording ahead of time. It is also very difficult to find someone who can do the demo who isnt selling there own stuff. Another thing I noticed this year is that there were alot more sellers than buyers. there was a larger amount of buyers last year. I dont know what happened there.
Well all in all I think it went well. Hope the new officers enjoy dealing with it next year.

FlyingArmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for hosting this and kudos to the organizers! I didn't sell as much as I wanted, but the raffle tickets sure paid off! 3 out of 4 prizes that I put tickets into I won! Woohoo! Thanks agian and next year we need to get ARC involved! Maybe even host it down here in ATL!

jermpool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was suppose to be someone sitting at the entrance collecting money for the tables, for whatever reason that was changed at the last minute. which didnt seem to be a problem. The tables were reserved ahead of time, but it needs to be a first come first serve or you will have alot of empty tables and people wanting a different location. As for the fragging demo, due to several complications along the way we never knew till the morning of the swap what corals would be donated, So it wasnt ever really given a chance to succeed. I would like to say that better organization would have helped, but we had two different people drop the ball on the demo, so it was a difficult situation. I do like the idea of doing a recording ahead of time. It is also very difficult to find someone who can do the demo who isnt selling there own stuff. Another thing I noticed this year is that there were alot more sellers than buyers. there was a larger amount of buyers last year. I dont know what happened there.
Well all in all I think it went well. Hope the new officers enjoy dealing with it next year.

Maybe the whole table paying thing was just a misunderstanding on my part. Like you said though it wasn't a problem.

jermpool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have info for the teacher that was selling kenya tree frags? He's from Georgia.

Next time, I'm going to put pictures of biniki girls as a backdrop to my tank...I should get more interest in my frags then! :D

Sale somthing besides Kenyas.

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, I didn't have any kenyas. Honestly, there weren't as many folks as I was hoping for. But I did okay, sold half of what I brought.

I want to find the name of the teacher that was selling them because I want to see if I can see if our local reef club can get involved with his high school program.

Sale somthing besides Kenyas.

Reinfinity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I apologize for my absence from the swap and not calling but i let me explain my situation.
I was admitted to Parkridge Medical Center August 7th and underwent quadruple bypass surgery August 8th. I was realeased from the hospital August 14th, then readmitted on the 18th with atrial fibulation(sp?). Was realeased again on the 21st and am still waiting to find out if I will have to have a pacemaker installed.
My apologies once again for not being there and failing to contact anyone but these have been rather hectic times.
I am going to have several items for sale if anyone isinterested... just PM me to let me know. Sorry again guys....

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! I guess we can let you slide on not calling us back. Sorry to hear about all that. Man you are to young to be having heart trouble!! I hope all turns out ok -If there is anything you need please ask. PM sent

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back