Chea!!!! It Is Here the New Beast

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am supper excited right now...I got my new Le Mar tank delivered to my door step last night from my buddy Justin at Reef Tech...it is a custom 54x24x21 rimless 3 sided starfire glass tank, it should be around 120 gallons...I am going to start a build thread with all my progress from my other tank and show the process of swamping tanks. Let the fun begin. :bigsmile:

IMG_6318.jpg

all this will be going in the new tank.....

IMG_5255.jpg

Last edited:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man, new build threads are fun, currently doing my own, and first, one right now. Looks like a great tank with some nice stuff to go in it.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man you gotta stop buying and let that tank grow in!!!!! im in the same boat ahahahahahah lol....no need for a upgrade i would leave that one alone and set the second one up....

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so love the colors of that tank. You have some amazing pieces in there! Good luck with the new build.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome new tank,awsome old tank,awsome corals,awsome everything!!!!!!!

Greatwork,cant wait to watch the new tank come together!

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is beautiful, can't wait to see it up and running! What equipment are you gonna run?

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man, new build threads are fun, currently doing my own, and first, one right now. Looks like a great tank with some nice stuff to go in it.

I agree...this tank has been in the works for over a year now and cant wait to finally start my build thread.

man you gotta stop buying and let that tank grow in!!!!! im in the same boat ahahahahahah lol....no need for a upgrade i would leave that one alone and set the second one up....

LOL you just want me to stop buying so there is more for you lol...I have had the other tank up for over 8 years and I am SICK of looking at it, it's time to go....plus I have been over the bow front for about 3or 4 years now.

I so love the colors of that tank. You have some amazing pieces in there! Good luck with the new build.

Thank you Fab....

Awsome new tank,awsome old tank,awsome corals,awsome everything!!!!!!!

Greatwork,cant wait to watch the new tank come together!

Thanks..

Right on! I've been waiting to see this bad boy! How come the custom length?

LOL Thanks Skins...I just wanted somthing different. and wanted the tank to be as long as it could but still fit in my lil apartment LOL..

The new tank is beautiful, can't wait to see it up and running! What equipment are you gonna run?

Thanks...I have all the equipment ATB 1050v2 skimmer, 5 bars of reef bright LED's but will soon be changed to a MH'S/t5/led combo, tunze ATO, bubble magus dosser, 2 MP40's, 2 mp10's, and BRS reactors.

High Five Andy.. Leemar tank = SEXY!..

NiceGorillaSharkHighFive.png

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on, how soon do you expect to make it wet? Are you going to just do the quick switcheroo or do a full cycle and then add the goodies?

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on, how soon do you expect to make it wet? Are you going to just do the quick switcheroo or do a full cycle and then add the goodies?

LOL It will be wet soon hoping by next weekend....I will let it cycle next to my current tank for at least a month and be using water change water to help speed it up, then once I feel it is ready I will do the full swap at once...scary...using a lot of my current tank water....around 70 gallons....since the tanks are similar in size I don't think it will that bad, I am just going to take the swap slow. I dont think it will be to hard to move all the live stock cause me and Kraylen welded the rock together and designed them to break down in 3 pilars for easy moving. A few months down the road I will do a new scape , just not until I feel the tank is ready for another swing.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you just do it all at once? Are you adding a bunch of new rock or new sand? I think the easiest swap is going to a BB and then adding sand after a few months.

Also, what is the trick to keeping your scolys so happy? They looks so fat/plump in that picture!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking old tank. Lots of great looking colors!! Nice looking new tank...enjoy setting it up and moving over your corals. Can't wait to get a new tank myself.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chea!! Nice bro!!

Thanks Mike....keep it sexy!

Sweet looking old tank. Lots of great looking colors!! Nice looking new tank...enjoy setting it up and moving over your corals. Can't wait to get a new tank myself.

Thanks...I don't think I will be enjoying moving this much livestock over more like scared...lol..and worried..

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you just do it all at once? Are you adding a bunch of new rock or new sand? I think the easiest swap is going to a BB and then adding sand after a few months.
Also, what is the trick to keeping your scolys so happy? They looks so fat/plump in that picture!

I don't understand...I am moving it all at once, just letting the tank cycle with new sand first for about a month, and during it's cycle I will be using tank water from my current tank to do water changes in my new tank with...then I am going to move all the corals at once over to the new system and shut down the old tank...as everything settle's in to the new tank I am going to slowly introduce live rock into the sump and cycle it...after it is cycled I will re scape my whole tank with the all new cycled rock...reason for changing the rock out is because I want to change the scape to something new designed for this tank and I also bought over $500 worth of pukani rock and want to have only that type in the tank.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Andy!!!!! Looks great! Can't wait to see it setup!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back