Check out the new CS2 'Black Pearl' Cone Skimmer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

In case you missed MACNA a few weeks ago, this new skimmer of ours was one of the grand prizes:

We're happy to announce that they are now available for sale and ready to ship!

The Black Pearl is designed to be an external, recirculating skimmer, but can run in-sump. It is slightly larger than our very popular CS1 cone skimmer kit, hence the 250 gallon rating compared to 200 for the CS1. If you do your research, you'll find other skimmers with similar dimensions and air draw numbers being rated at much higher volumes. By 250 gallons, we mean 250 gallons full of big fish and touchy corals.

Besides just looking cool, the smoked acrylic cone is useful to reduce unwanted internal algae growth, which often happens in well-lit sumps and fishrooms. All acrylic is cast material, with heavy gauge flanges (3/8") and bottom. We're using a customized Sicce PSK-1000 in recirc mode, which allows it to draw more air, up to 1150 lph, than when used as a single-pass pump.

Pricing starts at $699, but you can get the (recommended) Swabbie neck cleaner (in white!) for only $100 more, and a large Davy Jones Skimmate Locker with auto pump shutoff for just $130 more. Show me a deal better than that and I'll walk the plank!

All the other technical details can be found on our website. Just let me know if you have any questions!

Justin

OP
OP
ctenophore

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have a smoked cone option for the CS1 available for shipping tomorrow. But the CS2 external version shown here will not be a DIY kit. It is far more complex to build an external skimmer, as each glue joint needs to be perfect to prevent leaks. Also, the external plumbing is more complicated, and lining up fittings gets tricky. Maybe one day, I won't rule it out completely, but not foreseeable future.

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get one to mojo so he can get us a review....lol

I love it....I will have a cone skimmer one day

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you guys will offer a mod that can convert the CS1 to a recirculating skimmer (still for in sump use)?

thanks,
Darren

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get one to mojo so he can get us a review....lol

I love it....I will have a cone skimmer one day
I really like this idea.....LOL.

Thanks Guys You know I just got rid of two new skimmers to the market and am running an old euroreef I have as a backup for just these situations. Trying to figure out what to put in my Nice new pretty AVAST sump. Thought about a smoke pegleg as it would be a better fit. Ill have to measure and see what I have room for.

Thanks for the kind words . I can say the psk 1000 pump is a solid performer. Great to see you all pick this up over the 2500.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this idea.....LOL.

Thanks Guys You know I just got rid of two new skimmers to the market and am running an old euroreef I have as a backup for just these situations. Trying to figure out what to put in my Nice new pretty AVAST sump. Thought about a smoke pegleg as it would be a better fit. Ill have to measure and see what I have room for.

Thanks for the kind words . I can say the psk 1000 pump is a solid performer. Great to see you all pick this up over the 2500.

i think you should buy them both as smoke external recirculating with swabbies and sell me the one you dont want lol

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did a little measuring, No room for the pearl.. Only have a 14x15 area for skimmers. WHat was I thinking...lol its a 75g.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back