check the colonies out

jimmybling31

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
621
Reaction score
20
Location
Nashville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check this colony. this pic is from just from a month and a half ago when my tank was doing pretty bad.

f9fa9be4.jpg


this is yesterday under 4t5 bulbs (1 actinic, 3 10k)
DSC_0560.jpg


notice how the larger polyp zoas took over the rock and just started multiplying so fast. all I changed was added a cheap skimmer(running skimmerless was so hard) and changed back to my retrofit t5s instead of mixed fixtures or 250 watt metal halide. I am happy with how my tank is doing. I am even having my algae dieing off instead growing like crazy. my cuc can actually take the rock back now.
 
thanks. I am enjoying working on the tank. I am considering setting up a tank for zoanthids when I move. I really like them. I am wanting to go almost all sps in my display tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new