Check this out

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday morning I got up and started maintenance on my tank . Well I use a hose to siphon water from one bucket to another and got a good mouth full of salt water. Over the course of the day my throat stated getting sore. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital it was bad. Then I got to thinking why. What did I do then I remembered saltwater. Bacterial infection. Had me 2 shots of moon shine and I am feeling way better.!!!

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drinking alcohol almost certainly had no real effect on the bacteria living in your throat/mouth, but glad you're feeling better!

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very much so still have a little cough. Alchohol, bleach kill bacteria i am not drinking bleach.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very much so still have a little cough. Alchohol, bleach kill bacteria i am not drinking bleach.
Alcohol kills bacteria with sustained exposure at high concentrations. Drinking two shots won't cut it. Not to mention that many bacteria are present in the bloodstream, which means you'd need a very high blood alcohol content to have an effect.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you explain me wanting to go to the hospital because my throat hurt so bad to me being fine in a couple hours after 174 proof moonshine.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great! I can’t tel you how many times I’ve had tank water in my mouth. Just yesterday was cleaning my over flow and I messed up the syphon. I did the air line in the syphon tube to suck out the air. After a few mouthfuls of water I finally got it syphoning again. I always worry about bacteria and such but personally never had an issue and hope I never do lol.

I don’t think moonshine would medically help- but mentally I can imagine it makes it much better .

Glad you’re feeling better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back