Check up

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been at it for 3-4 months with my 55-gallon, and I've had alot of lows with not too many highs. But recently stuff has been settling and taking off. However, my RBTA has been doing great since day one and this is how they doing in the video. Was one of the top prioritys getting a reef tank and now having them, I wish i didn't (well not really). They are so beautiful and big but man they split and you can't put anything close to them and I don't have much of rock work so they take up some prime real estate. But if i went back would still bought them, So stunning.

Attachments

• IMG_2758.mp4
    14.1 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new pair of clowns and like yours they have no idea what an anemone is. If you can move one of those anemone rocks so it obstructs their sleeping place they may take the hint after they contact it a bit. Otherwise, putting one of the clones in an observation box with the pair can speed up their meeting. I hope they move in to one and I would be curious if the nem they pick quits spitting and grows bigger, or if it just continues splitting.

I had to move my tank and my nem split into 8, I botched the move and killed a lot of fish (old and stupid) and my replacement clowns don't have a clue what a nem is, either. ;) :face-with-hand-over-mouth::smiling-face-with-sunglasses: They do often get meaner when they find a nem to hang out in. So there ya go. Nice tank!

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new pair of clowns and like yours they have no idea what an anemone is. If you can move one of those anemone rocks so it obstructs their sleeping place they may take the hint after they contact it a bit. Otherwise, putting one of the clones in an observation box with the pair can speed up their meeting. I hope they move in to one and I would be curious if the nem they pick quits spitting and grows bigger, or if it just continues splitting.

I had to move my tank and my nem split into 8, I botched the move and killed a lot of fish (old and stupid) and my replacement clowns don't have a clue what a nem is, either. ;) :face-with-hand-over-mouth::smiling-face-with-sunglasses: They do often get meaner when they find a nem to hang out in. So there ya go. Nice tank!
Possibly on the next split I will take it and put it into a box and add the clowns, everytbing is so settled im spooked to move them to try to force them to host. My one clown is a little dick to anything that gets close to him, so I can imagine him in a nem.. got any pictures of your current setup??

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back