Checking weather

Weather.com noa is always good any of the weather apps will give you good info
 
I use UPS for shipping and just check their website. They have a page that states whether or not they are experiencing delays. However, it doesn’t always predict delays ahead of time. For that, I simply use weather.com and monitor the weather in Louisville, Kentucky. The main UPS hub for North America is in Louisville and basically everything that I ship goes through there. My general rule of thumb is that if it’s cold, it’s still okay to ship (this is absolutely dependent on how you pack, but I’m personally not worried about cold weather), but if there’s any ice/snow forecasted then it’s a no go. That’s typically when planes get grounded and boxes end up delayed.

That said, I’m not shipping today and may not be at all this week due to icy conditions in Louisville, starting tonight.
 
I just use the weather channel app!
 
I just watch the weather channel and ship when the dates are free of storms and below freezing temps, especially at the hubs, ie KY. Rest are shipping notifications via company.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new