chemiclean causing rtn?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,225
Reaction score
943
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Has anyone experienced rtn of their coral after using chemiclean? I went through 2 treatments of chemiclean about 3 weeks ago. About the same time I upgraded my lighting. This past week I have been noticing several of my corals have been loosing some color and turning white. I moved my orange passion to a lower position and the next day I come home to 2/3 of it rtn. The next day it was all gone. My raspberry lemonade has also been turning white lately and yesterday it started to rtn some, today it is even alittle worst, not a total loss yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with using chemiclean? It has to be either the lighting change or my system being effected my the chemiclean? I have turned down the lighting output and started to run carbon and did a water change tonight. Hoping this stops soon. Getting very frustrating and worrisome.
thanks
jeff
 
Chemiclean i think is erythromycin, also sps harbor good bacteria so maybe it has something to do with this. Theres bad strains of bacteria that could also have flourished from the erythromycin die off to cause rtn. Sorry for your looses bud but it happens. I would maybe try just doing waterchanges and run carbon till you feel the waters stripped of the chemical then go back to your normal routine. What have you done with lighting lately?
 
Has anyone experienced rtn of their coral after using chemiclean? I went through 2 treatments of chemiclean about 3 weeks ago. About the same time I upgraded my lighting. This past week I have been noticing several of my corals have been loosing some color and turning white. I moved my orange passion to a lower position and the next day I come home to 2/3 of it rtn. The next day it was all gone. My raspberry lemonade has also been turning white lately and yesterday it started to rtn some, today it is even alittle worst, not a total loss yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with using chemiclean? It has to be either the lighting change or my system being effected my the chemiclean? I have turned down the lighting output and started to run carbon and did a water change tonight. Hoping this stops soon. Getting very frustrating and worrisome.
thanks
jeff
Im guessing you had cyano also? All of this can be bacteria related, but if you changed your lighting and have seen bleaching occur before this it could highly be due to lighting
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new