Chemiclean dose

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
94
Reaction score
25
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really dumb question, but is the scoop per 10 gallons pertaining to total volume including sump, or just display tank. Have a huge cyano outbreak and got the nitrates where I need them but am overrun.
 
And get ready for the long dino battle after dosing it.
Trying to avoid by making sure I have enough nitrates. I’ve gone through the battle before on another tank many moons ago.
 
One area of my tank doesn't get a lot of flow and there was a bit of cyano there for months. Then over the last two weeks it seems like it exploded, so I had to do something. Dosed the chemi-clean yesterday, turned off my carbon reactor, and tonight about 2/3 of the cyano is gone. No apparent distress with my corals, either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new