Chemistry

pixter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank for 2 years and I can’t seem to get my numbers right. I have corals but they have never grown. They stay the size when I bought them or they just die. My numbers:
Mag. 1485
Cal. 495
Ph 8.0
Alk/hard. 15.00
Phos. .03
Nitrate. Is always high. I’ve tried everything to bring it down. (Feed very little)
I have 30 G with4 small fish. Use instant ocean reef crystals. Temp is 79 salinity.025
Lighting: nicrew marine led for salt water reef. On for 10 hrs. 60/40 blue and white on timer
Starts out and ends with a morning light then goes brighter and night time it goes darker before turning itself off
I’ve got reef roids which I don’t know how often to feed. I’ve used “all for reef” to make sure I’m getting trace elements also and I’ve used the “reef fusion 1 and 2. If my numbers are high I would think I don’t need to dose them right. I’m totally confused. And if I do need the fusion how often do I do it. Help!!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a link to the light? I think you are referring to the nicrew strip light, which is not very good for corals.

What is the flow like?

I think you missed typing the number for nitrate.

Also are you testing alk or are you testing general hardness as those are not the same.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back