Cherry Charms Skirt Color

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few people here in San Diego who have bought the Cherry Charms Paly. For those of you who have also bought this paly, what has the color of the skirt done for you?

Mine and the other people who I know who have them have never seen the skirts get that famous pink color, but instead they are almost brown'd-out to a dull grey, the center keeps the nice yellow sparkle coloration, but the skirts looks nothing like it does in the pics.

Anyone else notice this, or does anyone have a cure for this?

THanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
SD Actuary

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0277NEF.jpg

This was 2 weeks after acquiring this polyp and the pink was not any brighter on the first day.

sdsocal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original two polyps I received seemed to be the trade marked cherry charms, however the skirts are definitely not the same pink as the wysiwyg photo. I have since poped 3 polyps (pretty fast grower in my tank) and none are very close to the original two in color. I will try and get a more recent pic then this tomorrow that has all 5 polyps. You can kind of see the 3rd newly grown polyp on the right side.

270acaf2.jpg

Last edited:

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bit tricky to get them to color up to their full potientail. Under the right conditions they will though. They do like somewhat high light.

OP
OP
SD Actuary

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first 3 weeks or so I had them about 12" under water and a total of 26" under 4x80w tek, for the last 3 weeks I have raised them up about 6-8" still no real change.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gentleman that we bought our first Charms from uses 12k reflex 250 watt halides.
His water was also crystal clear thanks to bio pellets.

On all our frags the juvies have muted colors and the full adults have full color.

Hth,

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen them in person and look a lot similar to yours SD although they were at the bottom of a led frag tank so maybe once they get moved up it might change the colors

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back