Cherry Corals Halloween Live Sale This Saturday, October 17!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you do these live sales? I get my new tank around the beginning of Feb and would have loved to be able to participate in this one.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you do these live sales? I get my new tank around the beginning of Feb and would have loved to be able to participate in this one.

3 times a year for sure but this year we did an extra one. We do one at the end of December each year as well so that will be coming up.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all my frags today, everything looks good. Gotta say the higher end sticks are very small but I got sick deals so def not complaining. Thanks cherry!

lesserwhirls

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my delivery around 8:50 am. Cracked open the boxes and the hand warmer was still warm! Acclimated the frags and all look great in the tanks. This was my first purchase online and first with CherryCorals and so far I'm very satisfied - thanks again for putting together this live sale!

meadiva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything in the tank and its all alive and looking good so far. Thanks for the professional packaging, I am always relieved when I open a shipment and its not thrown together ghetto style.

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show us some pics! I should get mine tomorrow. Can't wait. Probably won't sleep tonight.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey cherry, any recommendations on PAR for cc black hornet, fuzzy rainbow, tyree pink lemonade, and ***** yella tenius?

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey cherry, any recommendations on PAR for cc black hornet, fuzzy rainbow, tyree pink lemonade, and ***** yella tenius?

Brett would be the best guy to answer and he will be on here just after 7pm est, he is the acro master.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey brett the acro master, any recommendations on PAR for my new cc black hornet, fuzzy rainbow, tyree pink lemmy, and ***** yella tenius?

I keep the CC Black Hornet under moderately high light... probably about 400 par. The CC Fuzzy Rainbow and Tyree Pink lemonade will both take very high light and flow. The ***** Yella tenuis also prefers moderately high light.

I would recommend you acclimate them all to your lighting system for 2 weeks before putting any under high lighting.

Thanks,

Brett

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep the CC Black Hornet under moderately high light... probably about 400 par. The CC Fuzzy Rainbow and Tyree Pink lemonade will both take very high light and flow. The ***** Yella tenuis also prefers moderately high light.

I would recommend you acclimate them all to your lighting system for 2 weeks before putting any under high lighting.

Thanks,

Brett

Ok cool thanks. The top of my rockwork only goes to 350 par right now but once they grow out theyll hit the 400s, probably 500 just below water level. Could always lower my lights a bit but I've got some lower light lps on the bottom at 185-200 so I don't want to bake em out.

I have em at about 175 par right now on the sand bed, then planned on gradually moving them up over the next few weeks. Do you think I need to do that or just leave em be for two weeks then move em right up to 350?

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool thanks. The top of my rockwork only goes to 350 par right now but once they grow out theyll hit the 400s, probably 500 just below water level. Could always lower my lights a bit but I've got some lower light lps on the bottom at 185-200 so I don't want to bake em out.

I have em at about 175 par right now on the sand bed, then planned on gradually moving them up over the next few weeks. Do you think I need to do that or just leave em be for two weeks then move em right up to 350?

A few days is fine on the sand bed, but they are unlikely to get enough flow there. So moving them into a higher flow area would be best, to go along with the light acclimation.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days is fine on the sand bed, but they are unlikely to get enough flow there. So moving them into a higher flow area would be best, to go along with the light acclimation.
Ok but after that should I just move em up top or move them gradually like 3 times. I'm relatively new to acros. I cam give them high flow all along the way (except at the very bottom like you said)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back