Chicago Shedd aquarium euthanizes 90-year old lungfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jeff J

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link to article
I think it is a fine testimony to our society that we can appreciate fine lifeforms, and sustain them for such an incredibly long lifespan. They had even named him "GrandDad". That is so cool. Poor old guy, he basically died of old age. And what a nice article to accompany his passing. RIP GrandDad!
 
I do remember seeing him. But of course I love the ocean exibits most. My husband will miss him more. I love the green sea turtle in the big round tank that swallowed the coin the most. Her name is Nickle.
 
Last edited:
wow! 90 years is such a long lifespan. I imagined how much he will be missed by those who got to see him over the years.
 

Similar threads

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new