Chiller pump reccomendation

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2016
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
579
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi I have a chiller rated for a flow rate of 100-160 gph and need a pump recommendation. I have about 4ft of 1/2" ID tubing going into the chiller and 4ft going back.
 
Hi I have a chiller rated for a flow rate of 100-160 gph and need a pump recommendation. I have about 4ft of 1/2" ID tubing going into the chiller and 4ft going back.
Have similar head heights and flow requirements for my 1/10 HP jbj chiller and the Sicce syncra silent 1.5 has worked very well for me. Maybe the 1.0 is all you need
 
The min/max flow rate for the 1/10hp is 240/960 gph to give you and idea. Maybe you should even consider the 0.5 syncra pump
 
My main question is do I calculate the head loss totalling 8 ft of tubing? Or only from pump to chiller?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new