Chiller questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter racoloish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

racoloish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
134
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is my first time using a chiller, I got an aqua euro usa 1/10. Is this chiller good or bad? Any of you have had any problems with this chiller? The back of the chiller is really hot, should I put a fan in the back or in the front? What temperature should I set it?
 
Never used one myself but I believe it's an ok unit from what I have seen online. The heat is from the condenser coil doing its job. My understanding is that is normal as well. Depending what is in your tank is what your temp should be. Most people suggest between 72- 78 degrees for a reef tank but some species may require a different temp. I would research what you have or are looking into getting and set the temp in the higher range of that. Good luck and enjoy your new purchase. Make sure you do not box in your chiller it needs to breath.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1404670766.230445.jpg
 
I have four computer fans up top and one big fan down below in the sump and do not need a chiller which is great because they cost a lot to run my tank has never overheated stays at exactly what I want it to be the computer fans came out to be a dollar 30 each which you cannot compare to buying a chiller
 
That's why you should always check and see if you need a chiller because a lot of people buy them and do not need them they will heat a room up real fast they are noisy and cost a lot to run
 
Hi, this is my first time using a chiller, I got an aqua euro usa 1/10. Is this chiller good or bad? Any of you have had any problems with this chiller? The back of the chiller is really hot, should I put a fan in the back or in the front? What temperature should I set it?

While I don't have any experience with your aqua euro chiller, I installed a JBJ 1/3 HP about six months ago. I also utilizing a couple canopy fans set to come on when the tank hits 77.3 degrees. Our Chiller kicks on if and when the water hits 79 degrees and stays on until the water is cooled to 77 degrees. I have the chillier plumbed through the wall to the garage to help with the heat inside the house. The chiller is relatively quite but does give off a fair amount of heat from the back side of the unit. I don't believe any type of fan at the back of the chiller is necessary as this type of set up is the same way our fridge and freezers operate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new