Chiller Temperature Variance Question.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a new commercial grade 230 volt JBJ Artica Chiller on my 600 gallon system rated at 1 horsepower. If I set the desired temperature to 78 degrees, the chiller will start cooling at 79.1 and won’t turn off until 76.9 degrees. It is 2 degree variance but I would like to get it closer to only half a degree or at least a degree but not sure that is possible. For those with larger systems is this something you have been able to achieve or should I accept the 2 degree variance and not worry?

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An inkbird heater/cooler controller could be used to refine your temperature for this and they are relatively inexpensive.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An inkbird heater/cooler controller could be used to refine your temperature for this and they are relatively inexpensive.

This is a 230 volt piece of equipment and doesn’t use a standard 120 volt plug so an Inkbird, Neptune System or GHL Controller is out of the question. But thanks for the recommendation.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 230 volt piece of equipment and doesn’t use a standard 120 volt plug so an Inkbird, Neptune System or GHL Controller is out of the question. But thanks for the recommendation.

Then it could still work in conjunction with an inverter, a much more expensive solution though.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure which controller that chiller uses, but usually you can adjust the setback to a narrower range. I always used ranco controllers for my big chillers. Ranco make 240 v units.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back