Christmas colors draped in red & green

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always considered red & green as festive colors. So I decided on ornamental seaweed mixed garden lagoon. As a way to cure diver collected “living rock” for introduction to 25yr mature 75G tank and 5yr mature 120G tank, I started up two tanks to cure 50 lbs of diver collected live sand & 100 lbs of live rock. Thank you Dan Sanchez at Gulf Live Rock, who collected on Easter Monday and I received on Tuesday morning less than 24 hours removed from 30’ of water 30 miles west of Tampa Bay.

Before receiving live rock & live sand, I set up 55G tank with reverse flow ug filter with 50 lbs of dry aroggonite and using ammonia & bottled bacteria established nitrification bacteria. Ten days later, during first week in April of this year, I started two ornamental seaweed lagoons. Less than one week ago, the 55G lagoon had a partial sexual event with fast growing
Red Gracilaria and some Caulerpa Paspoidies went sexual clouding water preventing seeing back glass. Since the lights had just come on, I added 20 ml of ammonia to aid growth of healthy macro during photosynthesis. Within 6 hours of lights on, display tank water was crystal clear. Later on that day, I did serious pruning to remove decomposing macro and transferred much Red Grapes to lower light 30G ornamental seaweed lagoon. I also transferred 1G of Red Macros to 75G mixed garden with much Green Star Polyps to contrast Red Grapes & Red Gracilaria.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice!
Thank you.

I am considering something yellow to go with red & green. Since it’s my color scheme/dream, I choose a fish be yellow. I have two options in drawf angels that I like. I am choosing to leave out Yellow Tang to lessen territorial aggression with Blue Tang.

image.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I am considering something yellow to go with red & green. Since it’s my color scheme/dream, I choose a fish be yellow. I have two options in drawf angels that I like. I am choosing to leave out Yellow Tang to lessen territorial aggression with Blue Tang.

image.jpg
Other peaceful yellow options: Yellow Canary Blenny or Golden Midas Blenny.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back