Christmas tree coral

Yaoming814

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
26
Reaction score
22
Location
austin texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey from Austin Texas. I got a foot plus sized Christmas tree coral and I’m wondering do then grow? Also what would something that size go for as I’ve seen softball size ones with way less worms for hundreds

IMG_1219.png
 
The coral grows, and the worms can multiple as that happens. They are supposedly super hard to keep alive and I think the market on them is dependent on finding someone who really wants one and knows it's hard to keep alive.
How long have you had it? Is the coral itself alive or dead? It looks like it has algae on it.
 
Hey from Austin Texas. I got a foot plus sized Christmas tree coral and I’m wondering do then grow? Also what would something that size go for as I’ve seen softball size ones with way less worms for hundreds

IMG_1219.png
Wow! Where did you find that??
 
The coral grows, and the worms can multiple as that happens. They are supposedly super hard to keep alive and I think the market on them is dependent on finding someone who really wants one and knows it's hard to keep alive.
How long have you had it? Is the coral itself alive or dead? It looks like it has algae on it.
Finding a buyer has been extremely hard
Such a niche piece and being over a foot long it’s worse
 
The problem is that the coral will do best in the 'Acro-zone' (also the most flow for the worms to catch food), and not a lot of people are willing to give up this prime real estate for a clump of Porites ;)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new