Chromis stressed

PlanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue chromis, and he is not eating, not schooling (4 total chromis), and is being chased from his sleeping spot by the others, particularly by my blonde tang. The only change was a slight re-arrangement to the rock so I suspect that is what kicked off the aggression by the tang. Also had company over the weekend, but the other fish are doing good. Tank is 140gal, only 7 fish, tang, 4 chromis, 2 clowns. Tank has been up for 1yr.

So, I realize there is a problem, and that he is stressed. I need to know if there is anything I can do to help this guy be less stressed. I need a remedy. I don't have another tank atm to put him in, but will get one if that is whats called for. Any advice is more than welcome. Thx.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving him might cause more stress, but if he's not eating I don't see much else you can do apart from isolate him and try and nurse him back to health.

Could you get a small nano cube and basic setup quickly?

OP
OP
PlanB

PlanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm at a loss. I was contemplating re-arranging the rock again, to maybe open up more hiding spots, but that seemed to stress all the fish when I did that originally.

I don't know if I can do a nano quickly enough, but I can try.

Coralfuture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may want to just try and add a few new rock like some tonga branch, to divide the space a little more without taking up too much space; and give the fish a little harder time with their territory. I have found that to be more helpful than just moving the rocks in my 120gal

OP
OP
PlanB

PlanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to just try and add a few new rock like some tonga branch, to divide the space a little more without taking up too much space; and give the fish a little harder time with their territory. I have found that to be more helpful than just moving the rocks in my 120gal
I can give that a try for sure.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back