Chromis turning gold

BriansBrain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
687
Reaction score
784
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed this big chromis in an odd spot of the tank for where they usually are. I’ve never noticed this coloration in any of them. I think it’s beautiful. Maybe spawning?
IMG_3054.jpeg
 
A male blue-green chromis will turn yellow when it's ready for sexy times or building a nest
 

Colors and Markings​

The color of the Blue Green Chromis is a pale, shimmery light blue-green with an iridescent overlay. Male Blue Green Chromis will sometimes change colors during spawning—turning pale yellow—when they are ready to begin building a nest. Some individuals may have darker markings on their fins.
 
I’ve noticed this big chromis in an odd spot of the tank for where they usually are. I’ve never noticed this coloration in any of them. I think it’s beautiful. Maybe spawning?
IMG_3054.jpeg
Thats super pretty! And a really good picture
 
Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out. There are two others of the group that swim around the yellowish one. The other four are business as usual
 
I know they’re just chromis, but one of my favorite parts of the tank with them swimming in and out of the sps. It’ll make me happy if it is spawning activity, other than the always busy doing the business clowns lol
 
I’ve noticed this big chromis in an odd spot of the tank for where they usually are. I’ve never noticed this coloration in any of them. I think it’s beautiful. Maybe spawning?
IMG_3054.jpeg
Beautiful, I hope it is sexy time all the time!
 
A male blue-green chromis will turn yellow when it's ready for sexy times or building a nest
I missed seeing you and Zendeya around. It’s been a while!
 
It has been a while but we are back. :cool:
Good to hear and glad the relationship is going strong. I know it must be tough with all her filming. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new