cHRoNzZe MaCRo LaGooN & 120g

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone been on reef2reef for while but never really started a thread so hopefully you reefers will enjoy this ..... I currently have a 120g 4x2x2 with 2 ai Vegas(to lazy to set up the third one )My macro tank is plumb into my main display aswell and use the same sump... Macro tank is 4x2x1 and currently have a 32in reef breeder (light grows like a beast )... No pumps just my return pump for flow......I'm from San Diego so I have access to filterize ocean water.... I DONT dose anything...only thing I do use at time is FUEL,to be honest I haven't check my water perimeters in a few months lol only regret is that I didn't get the overflow installed
...... Enjoy
Photobucket is a little slow but I'll load pics .....

My current set up ..... Still a work in progress

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout a week later started to add a bunch of macros...some pics to view

Crypto..

Codium.... Red fern

Very cool looking algea ....very slooooow grower. Can't find any pics of this one online may be a cross between macro

Couple mangroves

Red blade leaf

Forgot the name of this one

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it cont........
Hayi red bush

Indo red kelp??

Dragons tongue.....

Olive algea balls :hideeyes:

Few more pics.....
I have notice that my display stays cleaner, algae isn't a problem and I only clean my front glass panel bout once every week or so

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more random pics.....love this rock!!!!

And some more....

Bryo..

Grape was bet up when I first got it...... This was after shipping...

Another Indo kelp type algae ??

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more pics from last year

Thin red branching

Full tank shot a few months ago

Green fern .....

Dragons breath

Mama

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some current shots a few months ago ...

Red grape is looking great since I first received it

Time to trim the hayi again...I trim it about 2 months ago to a size of a baseball now it's about a basketball size lol

Stupid culerpa took over my blue hypnea colony....hate this algae I pick it every other day and still can't get it 100 percent out

Few more pics to enjoy...some late night pics

Another grape tree I pick up little bit up but is starting to get the bubbles back

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more

Also got a mermaid fan yesturday..... Date 5-25-16

Few other pics...

FTS .....after a good trimming

She is looking fine so far

Current FTS!! Last month have a little bit of hair algae but my new clean up crew should take care of it

Still one of my fav macro's

spinosum..... Ultra hard to keep long term ...so we will see how it turns out

Sargassum ..... Another one of my favorites now lol

2nd piece.....

Blue hypnnea NOT blue octo.

Barbata .....

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! I'm planning a display refugium kind of set up like yours. I have a 72 gallon DT w/ a 29 gal sump. It's been running for 6 months now. I am going to set up a 46 gallon DR (display refugium) right next too it, give it its own return pump, and share the same sump! I already have the tank, stand, return pump, heater, and Orbit LED fixture. I'm resealing the tank this weekend then need to decide on a overflow and plumb it together.

Where did you order your macro algae from?

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas ... Really appreciate the good words been working on it for a bit.... Lately I have been dealing with pink fuzzy algae,such a pain in the neck to control I lost 14 macro's so far I guess the 17 turbo's ate some of them to but it's clearing up at a good rate. I raise my magnesium up a bit and that seems to help but some of my Zoas in my DT are upset... I post some current pics in a few ... Always looking for macro's if anyone is selling any

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fellas ... Really appreciate the good words been working on it for a bit.... Lately I have been dealing with pink fuzzy algae,such a pain in the neck to control I lost 14 macro's so far I guess the 17 turbo's ate some of them to but it's clearing up at a good rate. I raise my magnesium up a bit and that seems to help but some of my Zoas in my DT are upset... I post some current pics in a few ... Always looking for macro's if anyone is selling any
You lost macros to the fuzzy pink Hair algae? it just takes over or what?

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya pink fuzzy algae will overtake any macro or coral ,when I try to remove it manually I end up ripping the macro apart ...what I know I lost is barbarta ,spinosum,nemastoma,hypnea pannosa,blue octo,blue scroll, bryothanion, culerpa pro,dragons tongue,dragons breath,hayi red bush, and a few other gracilaria, good thing a lot of my local peeps have my algaes so I can get them back( not the nemastoma ) currently building a stand for a 150g 5x2x2 tank I pick up, planning of making it a all macro tank : )

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous!

Was it mentioned where you got all the different types of macros?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya pink fuzzy algae will overtake any macro or coral ,when I try to remove it manually I end up ripping the macro apart ...what I know I lost is barbarta ,spinosum,nemastoma,hypnea pannosa,blue octo,blue scroll, bryothanion, culerpa pro,dragons tongue,dragons breath,hayi red bush, and a few other gracilaria, good thing a lot of my local peeps have my algaes so I can get them back( not the nemastoma ) currently building a stand for a 150g 5x2x2 tank I pick up, planning of making it a all macro tank : )
awww gees.. thats a bummer.....Yea theres def not another macro tank on here or on SDR like yours..
I saw you were getting out of other tank. Just changing up to a cooler display size?

OP
OP
C

cHRoNzZe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro I get them from anywhere I can ... I miss,try try to go to LFS when they first bring in new product and good threw the rocks and corals to find any cool looking algae.i have found a few algae that way I also tell LFS to order me algaes at ANY cost same with friends tanks.I have been ordering from Live-plants.com and it has excellent customer service only bad part is some algaes are seasonal and they are not always on stock

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back