CJBrown Neptunian Cube Build

cjbrown24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Long time listener, first time caller. My Wife and I have been wanting to jump into the hobby for a long time. She used to work at the Aquarium in Corpus Christi and would do some of the dives in the bigger tanks for shows/cleaning and loved it. We have just finally been able to pull the trigger and we have a new Neptunian Cube M90 showing up on Thursday and we are very excited to start our journey. Just got our rock in on Friday and have been playing with some of the foundation pieces and think we have a decent start. The latest BRS biome series inspired us to build somewhat of a HNSA with Marco Rock and order some TBS sand to mix with Carib-Sea Special Grade and base rock to put in the sump to help everything get started.

Comments and suggestion much appreciated on the rock work, I know it’s tough to really tell much from pictures. The tank is 22” tall and the plan is to have the left side around 14” and the right side around 12”.

IMG_6327.jpeg
IMG_6328.jpeg
IMG_6329.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Long time listener, first time caller. My Wife and I have been wanting to jump into the hobby for a long time. She used to work at the Aquarium in Corpus Christi and would do some of the dives in the bigger tanks for shows/cleaning and loved it. We have just finally been able to pull the trigger and we have a new Neptunian Cube M90 showing up on Thursday and we are very excited to start our journey. Just got our rock in on Friday and have been playing with some of the foundation pieces and think we have a decent start. The latest BRS biome series inspired us to build somewhat of a HNSA with Marco Rock and order some TBS sand to mix with Carib-Sea Special Grade and base rock to put in the sump to help everything get started.

Comments and suggestion much appreciated on the rock work, I know it’s tough to really tell much from pictures. The tank is 22” tall and the plan is to have the left side around 14” and the right side around 12”.

IMG_6327.jpeg
IMG_6328.jpeg
IMG_6329.jpeg
I think the scape idea looks great!

OP
OP
C

cjbrown24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked on the aquascape some. Tank is 22” tall, left scape is about 14” and right is about 10-11”. Any suggestions?

IMG_6356.jpeg
IMG_6357.jpeg
IMG_6358.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cjbrown24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank got here! Pretty much done with the aquascape I think and put some under cabinet LED lights in! We go on vacation next week so will wait til after we get back to put water in. The TBS base rock and sand gets here March 4th so planning to start the cycle then! The plan is to mix TBS sand with Ocean Direct. I’ll put the rest of the sand and base rock in the sump to seed the system along with Fritz Turbostart and dosing Dr Tim’s Ammonium Chloride.

Attachments

• IMG_6413.jpeg
    IMG_6413.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
C

cjbrown24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cycle begins! Doing a fishless cycle with Fritz Turbostart 900 and Dr Tim’s Anmonium Chloride.
Marco Rock and Ocean Direct sand. Also planning on mixing some TBS live sand and Rock coming in Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 23

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back