Clam in nano system calcium use.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoReefin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GoReefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
1,106
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of adding a small rock clam like a maxima to my 13.5g tank. Total water volume once my third tank is hooked into the system will be closer to 40g. 2 13.5g fluvals, 1 16.5g tank, and 1 20g sump. How much calcium realistically would I need to supplement for the clam to thrive? Do you guys thing a 5g water change weekly would be enough to keep it happy or would 2 part supplements be needed?
 
Depends on size. Some sort of additive to raise alk and CA will be needed as it grows. I used to add 50ml a day to my 29 gallon as the clam grew to 8" before I moved it to a larger tank.
 
Looking at starting with a 2 inch maxima. Will just keep an eye on my CA as it grows then. Glad to hear you got him up to 8 inches in a nano!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new