Clams for ribbon eel

  • Thread starter Thread starter dxnug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dxnug

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Is it ok to feed clams to ribbon eel? I usually fed them pieces of shrimp and squid before but yesterday when i have some leftovers i tried to fed my nassarius snails but my ribbon eel immediately snatch it lol. I just want to take some precaution because i've never read about ribbon eel eating clams before.

FYI these are the type of clams that i fed him yesterday
images%20(3).jpeg
 
Cool, I'd think feeding a "whole" clam gut & all would be healthy for the eel.
Where did You get the clams? They look wild collected maybe?
 
Cool, I'd think feeding a "whole" clam gut & all would be healthy for the eel.
Where did You get the clams? They look wild collected maybe?
I'm not sure, I bought it from supermarket, and has been frozen for about a week before i took it out. They are far cheaper than squids here in my area that's for sure [emoji3]
 
That was simple of me to think they " collected . DAAA. Anyway , Your eel will thank you for giving him some.
 
Anything meaty will be fine. The fact that he grabbed it is a good thing, as ribbon eels are known for being picky.
 
Sounds good to me, do you have an asian market near where you live. Ranch Market is a popular asian market where I live, and it's a must for saving money while feeding predators. You'll find all kinds of yummy stuff for eels there for real cheap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new