Clams with Caulerpa?

  • Thread starter Thread starter locito277
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,483
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, we added a 150 gallon bin to my filtration Frankenstein system. Anyhow I added a remote DSB and added LED lights to add clams. Ive had a large Derasa waiting to come home to the sump. I wanted to grow caulerpa prolifera but wanted to make sure that the caulerpa would not kill or harm the clam? I also have dragons breath and hayi but those don’t have rhizomes under the sand. Thanks!
 
Won’t hurt the clam but don’t let it overgrow the clam because it could shade it from light which could cause the clam issues.
 
Won’t hurt the clam but don’t let it overgrow the clam because it could shade it from light which could cause the clam issues.
Thanks:) no concern of the caulerpa growing under the sand through the softer parts?
 
Hi all, we added a 150 gallon bin to my filtration Frankenstein system. Anyhow I added a remote DSB and added LED lights to add clams. Ive had a large Derasa waiting to come home to the sump. I wanted to grow caulerpa prolifera but wanted to make sure that the caulerpa would not kill or harm the clam? I also have dragons breath and hayi but those don’t have rhizomes under the sand. Thanks!
Love your seahorse reef. I'm interested in seeing pictures of your frankenstein filtration system, do you have them posted anywhere? And how are the clams doing?
 
Love your seahorse reef. I'm interested in seeing pictures of your frankenstein filtration system, do you have them posted anywhere? And how are the clams doing?
Unfortunately I had no luck with the clams. The system is still running. The seahorse tank is not connected to the 720 :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new