Clarisea sk-3000 leaking flake foods

jasper9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed my clarisea sk-3000 seems to be letting a bit of flake food through somewhere. It results it collecting in the sump and possibly the cause of phosphates going up a month after I used this to replace one of the filter socks. It's not a ton as the filter roll is otherwise doing it's job well as I seen by the used up roll I replaced today, but enough to be cause of concern. I feel like the filter socks weren't letting a thing through.

When I replaced the filter roll this morning I cleaned the whole unit good, tightened down the plastic parts as much as I could but still allowed the motor to roll. And it still seems to happen. If I had to guess I'd say it's at the very bottom near the corners that it's letting the food through because of the curve of the filter material versus the right angle the acrylic forms.

Has anyone noticed this? Any tips?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question but I can bump the thread for you to see if anyone can help out

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed my clarisea sk-3000 seems to be letting a bit of flake food through somewhere. It results it collecting in the sump and possibly the cause of phosphates going up a month after I used this to replace one of the filter socks. It's not a ton as the filter roll is otherwise doing it's job well as I seen by the used up roll I replaced today, but enough to be cause of concern. I feel like the filter socks weren't letting a thing through.

When I replaced the filter roll this morning I cleaned the whole unit good, tightened down the plastic parts as much as I could but still allowed the motor to roll. And it still seems to happen. If I had to guess I'd say it's at the very bottom near the corners that it's letting the food through because of the curve of the filter material versus the right angle the acrylic forms.

Has anyone noticed this? Any tips?
Hi! Have you fixed the issue with your rollermat?
Mine leaks in the same way, there's a lot of dust in the sump. Definitely it's not that I expected to see.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back