• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Clarisea SK-3000 Roller Filters

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two brand new unopened automatic SK 3000 roller filters for sale for $300 each and I will cover shipping or free local pickup, I’m in Tampa, FL. Have one installed in my tank and it’s great! I also order filters from eBay which are cheaper and last longer, 20 micron and 50. It comes with a 20 micron roll in the box.

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two brand new unopened automatic SK 3000 roller filters for sale for $300 each and I will cover shipping or free local pickup, I’m in Tampa, FL. Have one installed in my tank and it’s great! I also order filters from eBay which are cheaper and last longer, 20 micron and 50. It comes with a 20 micron roll in the box.

Hey there. You bought three originally? What size tank do you have on and what sort of flow rate are you pushing through the one you've got? I ask because I have a pair of the 5000's, one set up and one still completely unopened, that I'm planning to use on 250 I'm putting together. Wondering whether it's overkill.....

Thanks

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do these work on a trigger sump? my research is pointing to no :(

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FYI, my plan is to have two of the 5000's (similar dimensions, slighly wider front to back I believe) side-by-side in a separate 20 high (24 x 12 x 16) located upstream of rest of my sump, with incoming flow (coming through the wall right behind the tank) split between the two. So you might be able to assess based on this:

OP
OP
ShadowR55

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. You bought three originally? What size tank do you have on and what sort of flow rate are you pushing through the one you've got? I ask because I have a pair of the 5000's, one set up and one still completely unopened, that I'm planning to use on 250 I'm putting together. Wondering whether it's overkill.....

Thanks
I have a 175 gallon, I bought one and then my brother was buying a tank with two returns on opposite sides so he was going to install one on each return but then he ended up moving and can’t do a tank right now. I’m pushing 550 gph of actual measured flow with the apex flow meter kit. The 3000 is recommended at 800gph but anything less is totally fine, the problem is when you put too much flow rate through with a 20 micron filter, it clogs faster and requires changing rolls more often, I was actually just washing the filter roll in the washer and then rolling it back into the core for a while, the filter paper it comes with is strong and really good quality. Then I ended up getting some 20 micron and 50 micron rolls cut from eBay and use those and throw them out.

To answer your question, I think 1 5000 will be plenty, using two will just mean you will have longer times between changing filters but you will have to change two when the time comes so it’s not really worth it. And the filters last a really long time, the 50 micron lasts 2-3 months and I have a heavy fish load and feed a lot.

OP
OP
ShadowR55

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of your sump? I took out the filter sock tray in my Red Sea sump to install this filter, and it was definitely worth it. I hated cleaning filter socks and they would clog every 2-3 days for me.

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of your sump? I took out the filter sock tray in my Red Sea sump to install this filter, and it was definitely worth it. I hated cleaning filter socks and they would clog every 2-3 days for me.
How did you remove the red sea filter tray?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 56 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back