Clarity Plus restoration

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set up my first saltwater aquarium (used to and still am very into freshwater) I am restoring my grandpa's 24 gallon flat back hex. The math says it is 24 gallons but I swear it is more. I can now document my tanks progress

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have had a Domino Damsel in it for a week now here is a photo from a few days ago
Photo on 6-16-22 at 6.27 AM.jpg

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only a week in the Ugly Phase has begun! I couldn't get any photos (won't show up on camera)
but, I have plenty of hair algae green algae all of the good stuff.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(This post is from the fishes point of view)
9:34
An odd clear tube came out of the sky and went to investigate... I tried to eat it bit it tasted terrible! Then it took some of the water and put it onto something humans call a refracto-meter thing I don't know the glass muffles sound. And then things went back to normal.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you doing a fish-in cycle or did you add ammonia before adding the fish ?

Damsels are very aggressive fish and for that reason, they are harder to keep in small tanks. Also, adding aggressive fish last is best, as they will be less territorial. Domino damsels are said to be among the most aggressive damsels.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cycled with live rock live sand and MicroBacterStartXLM and I waited a week before adding fish. Damsels are aggressive and territorial but, not as bad as you think. It can actually really depend on their personality. And aggressive fish should be added last but, Damsels aren't that bad. I also plan on keeping a semi-aggressive tank. Cherub Angelfish maybe a clownfish. Clownfish can (occasionally) be little rascals.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Damsels are very aggressive fish and for that reason, they are harder to keep in small tanks. Also, adding aggressive fish last is best, as they will be less territorial. Domino damsels are said to be among the most aggressive damsels.
all true facts

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Btdt, those domino damsels are terrors. Had a pair of dominos go toe to toe with a pair tomato clowns (and nearly win).

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What he said...and I'll add that they can live on carpet for 3 hours. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Clarity Plus are great tanks to bad they went out of business.:( For some reason when I look up Clarity Plus Aquariums mine never shows up just those big 65gal.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back