Clarity Plus restoration

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it but I have seen people who have kept happy cherubs for years in a 20. And most of the time the angel the more aggressive one.
That’s the thing - technically enough swimming space but they get more aggressive in cramped spaces and are more likely to eat corals.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-9th day-
I have sorta just realized (yesterday) that my lights have been on too much so yesterday I turned them off a 3pm too make up for the extra time the rest of the week. So... I am doing 7:00am-6pm.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play-Time
Today I was drawing a sample for my refractometer and Domino (my domino damsel) apparently really likes to play with them. He tries to eat them or at least the bubbles that come out of it and it surprises him and he really enjoys it adds a little color to life because he is currently the only fish in the tank.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsel v Clownfish
Why is it that peaceful little Clownfish bite and the apparently monster that is the Domino Damsel thinks nothing of my hand? Maybe Damsels are not so mean.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often it does take till the fish is fully mature for full aggression to come. That said, damsels are just generally mean and will dislike other fish. I haven’t kept a domino so I don’t know if they become hand biters.
Clowns are very territorial, and they see anything that enters the tank as an intruder, and will attack it.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done research and clowns and damsels can get along and if I get them when they are young and not as aggressive they will be able to bond and not bother each other in adulthood. So far I plan on getting young clowns to go with a young damsel and then when they are older I might get a Cherub Angel and even though it is the most aggressive thing in the tank it is also the smallest.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done research and clowns and damsels can get along and if I get them when they are young and not as aggressive they will be able to bond and not bother each other in adulthood. So far I plan on getting young clowns to go with a young damsel and then when they are older I might get a Cherub Angel and even though it is the most aggressive thing in the tank it is also the smallest.
A clown and a damsel can get along, but don’t mistake that for bonding. You will likely see them share the tank as they have split up their territories. Domino damsel easily beats a cherub for aggression.
Imo you are best with only 1-2 open water fish, the rest should be rock and sand dwellers to minimize aggression.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
even though clowns are small/medium fish they will stick with there anemone so they aren't much of open water swimmers but SharkBait I would love your opinion because I know you have clowns.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
even though clowns are small/medium fish they will stick with there anemone so they aren't much of open water swimmers but SharkBait I would love your opinion because I know you have clowns.
Some stuck by the host nem/coral, others will cruise all over the tank. My female has an area she stays closest to, but makes her way throughout the tank. Anything that goes too close will be chased.
Open water is essentially any fish that doesn’t spend most of its time perched on a rock or sand/hugging those areas tightly.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12
I officially have a small amount of Cyano algae.
I have also decided no Cherub Angelfish I don't want to risk them eating my coral.
I am also considering going to Reef-a-Palooza in California(August) or Texas(October) and part of why I am against a Cherub is I don't want it to bother any expensive corals.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12
I officially have a small amount of Cyano algae.
I have also decided no Cherub Angelfish I don't want to risk them eating my coral.
I am also considering going to Reef-a-Palooza in California(August) or Texas(October) and part of why I am against a Cherub is I don't want it to bother any expensive corals.
Consider a royal gramma, they have stunning colors and are a great nano centerpiece, even though they hide a lot.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Google, Petco, ECT. 30 is fine.
Most online resources don’t take into account how much they eat. Petco is definitely one of the least trustworthy.
Mandarin can fit in a 30, but even a captive bred one can starve itself out of pods in a much larger system. You will be spending a lot of money to keep it fed. Only dragonet I’d consider for that tank size is a ruby red.

Back