Clean up crew 5 gallon frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sumguyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sumguyy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I set up and cycled a 5 gallon tank to quarantine new corals before adding them to my 100 gallon display. I have an Ai Prime and a small power head in it for flow.

I bought a bunch of coals at once and it’s pretty heavily stocked right now. The problem I’m having is algae. Hair algae and on the glass. I’ve been spot feeding tiny bit reef roids and I dose 2ml of Fuel once a week (different days). I do a 50% water change once a week.

I know I’m over feeding and that’s causing the problem, but I really like the growth I’m seeing. Having had problems with ich in the past I quarantine everything for 90 days before it goes in my display now, so growing the corals a bit before they go in is a big plus for me.

Any clean up crew members I should look at that can help keep the algae under control. I have a few snails at the moment in there. But I haven’t looked at any other critters.

Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new