Clean up crew advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dunnman39
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dunnman39

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
239
Reaction score
26
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am wondering if i have an effective clean up crew. I currently only have snails (mostly ceriths), blue and red leg hermits, and a peppermint shrimp. Should I add anything else?
 
I only use cerith snails in my tank and its good. If you have the recommended amount you should be fine.
 
I have emerald crabs. They are awesome, you won't have bubble algae with them around. My warning is that once they get big, about quarter size they turn into algae eating bulldozers. They are serious rock shifters. I sill like them. Good luck .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new