Clean Up Crew Order: Share?

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About time to add snails to my tank and would like to place an order at Reeftopia dot com. Not sure what cycle the club is on such group orders, but if we can meet the minimum order of $125 we get free shipping. What I want amounts to about $50. Anybody want to split an order with me and perhaps be interested in splitting an order of 100 turbos (astrae) snails for $40 and 100 golden snails for $28 and 50 nassarius for $36? And perhaps some large cerinths and Scarlett hermits, too

Last edited:

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could split the astreas....but I would want to verify with them that they are not bleached shells. I've seen some suppliers are now bleaching the shells of the snails. If the shell is clean and white, I won't buy them. They seem to have a much higher rate of death soon after purchase.

I may also be interested in some hermits too.

Edit: I saw on their site that the shells are coralline encrusted, so that's a good thing. It also appears that the golden snails are just baby astreas...but are cheaper (.28 instead of .40).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like I have enough interest to start putting together an order. Please post or PM what you want and I'll tally it all and make sure we hit the quantity price breaks.

I'd recommend reef cleaners. John is great!

I've ordered from Reeftopia several times and have had good experience with them. Gonna stick with them this time. Planning to contact them and see if they have a group order spreadsheet.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.

I'd be looking to split 1/3 or so of the turbo/astrae snails (100 for $40), small golden astrea snails (100 for $28), nassarius snails (50 for $36), and large cerith snails (12 for $15). Any takers? Might also like an emerald crab and a couple of scarlet hermits, but those need 6 or 12 to reach a price break.

For those of you who were talking about an algae tank earlier, they have a few things in that category: Reef Aquarium Plants from Reeftopia

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to keep or get rid of 1/3? I would like 25, 25, 10, and 6 in that order. Also looking for maybe 6 scarlet and 25-40 blue legs. Actually it looks like if Matt wants 100 Blue legs and I take 100 it would be cheaper to get the 300 lot if someone else wants some.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to keep about 1/3. After I hear more from others, we can tally things up and see where we stand. I have already sent an email to them asking for info. I'll see if they have to back all together or if they can split up the bulk quantities.

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to keep or get rid of 1/3? I would like 25, 25, 10, and 6 in that order. Also looking for maybe 6 scarlet and 25-40 blue legs. Actually it looks like if Matt wants 100 Blue legs and I take 100 it would be cheaper to get the 300 lot if someone else wants some.

How much is the 300?

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely the better deal and the way we should go. If you take 150 I just need to find someone to take 50-75 and it will be perfect.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely the better deal and the way we should go. If you take 150 I just need to find someone to take 50-75 and it will be perfect.

I can most likely do that. Let me know as the order finalizes, how many I need to get to make the order to the 300 mark. Let me know same info on the astreas. I sure can use them but dont really need them...so let me know whats needed to hit milestones....how many of each I would need to buy and the price.

on scarlets.... some reason they always died on me. They would live a few weeks and thats it.

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can most likely do that. Let me know as the order finalizes, how many I need to get to make the order to the 300 mark. Let me know same info on the astreas. I sure can use them but dont really need them...so let me know whats needed to hit milestones....how many of each I would need to buy and the price.

on scarlets.... some reason they always died on me. They would live a few weeks and thats it.

I was hoping you would jump in and be good to round out the numbers.

I have narrowed it down to a parameter swing in my tank, just not sure exactly which one yet. Everytime it happens I lose a couple hermits. I still have maybe 4-5 scarlets after at least 6 tank moves and 4+ yrs so I can't complain.

chemfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've got a newly cycled tank and am in need of a good cuc and would like to get in on this if you guys still need someone extra ! I'm thinking I only want about 20 or so snails and maybe about 10-15crabs though ... So if you need just a few more to reach your price breaks maybe I can help.

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've got a newly cycled tank and am in need of a good cuc and would like to get in on this if you guys still need someone extra ! I'm thinking I only want about 20 or so snails and maybe about 10-15crabs though ... So if you need just a few more to reach your price breaks maybe I can help.

Man just hit the website and decide what you need. They have premade packs or just get on on some of the other buys.

OP
OP
Runner

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be putting together a tally soon to see where we stand. I will adjust my desires to the price breaks. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back