Clean Up Crew

DoriReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who should I add for a clean up crew? A few nassarius? Blue legged crabs? Other snails? I just added one clown and have 2 Duncan’s and a mushroom? Gonna get a firefish in about two weeks.
Just to get whatever left over food and junk on the ground/rocks. Feed pellets and misis and reef roids.
 
Tank sounds newer so not a lot to eat right now so just a few, say 2 nassarius, 2 cerith (both churn sand) and maybe 2 Astreas, (glass and hard surfaces), 2 nitrite, (small and can clean tight areas in rockwork)

I don’t keep any crabs. Banned them from my DT a decade ago along with Shrimps. Eventually, they all caused problems.

Blue legs are fine though.
 
How old is the tank, and what is your tank size?

Reef Cleaners sells a nice CUC package that fits specific tank sizes and needs.
 
Tank sounds newer so not a lot to eat right now so just a few, say 2 nassarius, 2 cerith (both churn sand) and maybe 2 Astreas, (glass and hard surfaces), 2 nitrite, (small and can clean tight areas in rockwork)

I don’t keep any crabs. Banned them from my DT a decade ago along with Shrimps. Eventually, they all caused problems.

Blue legs are fine though.
Yes just got the Duncan and clown in yesterday and other Duncan and mushroom arriving today. Was gonna go small just wasn’t sure what to do and how much is considered small.
 
How old is the tank, and what is your tank size?

Reef Cleaners sells a nice CUC package that fits specific tank sizes and needs.
Just added clown and Duncan yesterday and adding other Duncan and mushroom today. Tank has been up for about 3 weeks. IM 25 lagoon
 
I personally wouldn't put much in their right now just because your tank is still new. Start with a small assortment of snails (I prefer nasarius). Most of the algae you are going to see will go away on its own and is part of the new tank ugglies Once you start to notice algae then you are free to beef up the CUC (conches, blue legged crabs, urchin)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new