Clean up crew

krystalstarr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
11
Location
los altos CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 32 gallon tank where I am keeping two erectus seahorses. I’ve had them for about one week. Just got them to start eating recently. They are eating frozen mysis shrimp, but they are extremely slow eaters and no matter what I do I seem to still get uneaten shrimp, falling to the bottom of the tank. I have white sand in my aquarium, so it is impossible to see and clean up. I purchased 8 snails. (don’t remember what kind of snails they are but the guy at the store recommended them for hair algae.) snails are doing great for cleaning up the algae, but they don’t seem to be cleaning any of the uneven food. Is there anything besides snails that I can safely put with seahorses that will eat the uneaten mysis shrimp. Seahorse websites seem to sell a lot of things that I don’t think are safe with the seahorses. Hermit crabs and starfish, etc.. I don’t know if it is safe to trust the advertised “ seahorse safe” cleanup, crews.
 
Hello. I have a 32 gallon tank where I am keeping two erectus seahorses. I’ve had them for about one week. Just got them to start eating recently. They are eating frozen mysis shrimp, but they are extremely slow eaters and no matter what I do I seem to still get uneaten shrimp, falling to the bottom of the tank. I have white sand in my aquarium, so it is impossible to see and clean up. I purchased 8 snails. (don’t remember what kind of snails they are but the guy at the store recommended them for hair algae.) snails are doing great for cleaning up the algae, but they don’t seem to be cleaning any of the uneven food. Is there anything besides snails that I can safely put with seahorses that will eat the uneaten mysis shrimp. Seahorse websites seem to sell a lot of things that I don’t think are safe with the seahorses. Hermit crabs and starfish, etc.. I don’t know if it is safe to trust the advertised “ seahorse safe” cleanup, crews.
Nassarius snails eat detritus - they are great CUC
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new