Cleaner shrimp and mag. level

Sunny in Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2021
Messages
69
Reaction score
96
Location
Miami, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was advised to raise my magnesium level to 1500 ppm. since my tank has what I believe to be bryopsis. I am concerned that the magnesium at this level will affect my cleaner shrimp as well as my sea urchin. Is it safe to do this and for how long can I safely do this?
 
This doesn't work. You need fluconazole. The old magnesium idea comes from kent tech m years ago because of some contaminant in their magnesium that killed bryopsis.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new