Cleaner Shrimp-Bad Molt- how to help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liba60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Liba60

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
New England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon biocube and have had a cleaner shrimp for about 2 1/2 years. I was away this weekend for a couple days and came back to the pump sending out bubbles and making the water extremely turbulent due to low water in the back pump chamber. My cleaner shrimp molted during that time and cannot seem to walk anymore due to an unsuccessful molt. Their antenna and legs/claws are bendy and not as they had been. I have been target feeding it but am wondering if there is a way to facilitate a molt or even if a molt would help save it? Don't wanna lose them, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
 
I have a 14 gallon biocube and have had a cleaner shrimp for about 2 1/2 years. I was away this weekend for a couple days and came back to the pump sending out bubbles and making the water extremely turbulent due to low water in the back pump chamber. My cleaner shrimp molted during that time and cannot seem to walk anymore due to an unsuccessful molt. Their antenna and legs/claws are bendy and not as they had been. I have been target feeding it but am wondering if there is a way to facilitate a molt or even if a molt would help save it? Don't wanna lose them, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.


Please post a pic.
 
yeah need a pic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new