Cleaner Shrimp died?

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my cleaner shrimp I've had about a year seems to have died this weekend while I was out of town. Everything in the tank is superb with all my coral and fish thriving. I'm really at a loss. Any ideas? I'm not disturbing him quite yet incase he is molting but my wife agreed it looks dead.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly old age. Shrimp don't usually live for more than a couple of years period. If it was on the larger side when purchased, this is likely the answer.

Test parameters anyway to be sure nothing is off, as they can be canaries to small changes...

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly old age. Shrimp don't usually live for more than a couple of years period. If it was on the larger side when purchased, this is likely the answer.

Test parameters anyway to be sure nothing is off, as they can be canaries to small changes...
I thought about the age being a factor so that is possible. He was a decent size when I purchased him. I am doing some parameter testing now before I do a water change. I will let y'all know what I find.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely died of old age. As stated, only live a couple of years. Sorry for your loss.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back