Cleaner shrimp eating frogspawn?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smithrz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Smithrz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2023
Messages
131
Reaction score
125
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I recently added a nice 2 headed green frogspawn frag to my tank (5 days ago), and today I woke up to one of its heads totally retracted and dying. This evening I saw a bunch of stuff floating around the tank, so went to investigate and caught my cleaner shrimp going to town on the coral (see video).



Is this normal? Is it because the head has died that it’s doing it, or do
You think it was the culprit of the death? Will it likely go after all similar LPS?? (I have 2 Candy canes, and a Galaxea as well, plus some softies). I wanted to add a hammer and torch at some stage.

Thanks.
 
I hope so. I have no idea what caused it to recede; parameters are all good, and all other corals are looking healthy. Only change I made I can attribute is that I started dosing All for reef, but it’s only one head which receded… if it was the dosing that caused it, would it not affect both heads? (And/or other corals).
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new