Cleaner shrimp suddenly death :(

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all ! It's me again.. short description, my reef is 1ish month old, totally cycled, with 1 pair of clownfish and a Midas blenny. I'm currently in the ugly stage with lot of diatom on sandbed and on my rock (you can see it in my last thread)
This morning, I have found my cleaner shrimp dead laying on the sandbed :(
Yesterday just before I was going to bed, she was eating her little mysis like usual.
She have molted Monday of this week, and she like going really fine in the next days, eating, thriving and all.
When I have receive the shrimp, she seems to have eggs (maybe it was not egg finally? I post a pic from what I was thinking of eggs)

So I'm wondering what can be the cause of her death...I'm thinking about a possibly lack of iodine cause my reef is pretty new ?
I have a mini carpet anemone too (was given for free and was thinking it's an hairy mush lol) maybe it have sting the shrimp ?
I have a lid too, maybe the shrimp have jump and stay stuck in the lid?

Tank description:
Cube 20g AIO waterbox
Icecap k1 skimmer
Jebao sw-2 wavemaker
Rx15 G5 Blue
Jagger heather plug on an inkbird
Have an ATO
Have a RO/DI (testing 0ppm on tds)

Parameters;
Temp.78
Salinity 1.025
Po4 0.15
No3 15
Mag 1320
Ca 430
Alk 7.8
Ph 8
All pretty stable for the last 2 weeks except for the po4 who have drop from 0.29 and no3 drop from 35

Dosing;
Carebacter tunze
Phyto
All-for-reef
And after my shrimp was death I have dose some prime just in case...

Salt : Waterbox coral salt

Hopping it's enough info for you to help me !

Thanks again to all who can help me :)
Maybe I search something I'll never have any answers but maybe I'm missing something that I need to resolve before adding another cleaner shrimp.

received_1044220933313739.jpeg

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and forgot to say I have a basic CUC (Bh trochius and nassarius) and all of this invert doing fine and looking good!

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimps are more sensitive to water parameters than fish. Your tank is still very new also so maybe there just isn’t enough food for it.

Wait a few months before you add more shrimps. Also, the tank being new, you don’t need to be dosing anything yet. Just do weekly water changes and that will help.

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimps are more sensitive to water parameters than fish. Your tank is still very new also so maybe there just isn’t enough food for it.

Wait a few months before you add more shrimps. Also, the tank being new, you don’t need to be dosing anything yet. Just do weekly water changes and that will help.
Ok thank you. But I'm target feeding her 2 times a day with mysis, so I'm not think she was starving ? And I'm dosing all-for-reef because (don't hate me plz) I have already some corals to take care !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back