Cleaner shrimp with fire shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer302
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer302

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2020
Messages
131
Reaction score
70
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 30 gallon with 2 cleaner shrimp, I'm wondering if anyone's kept cleaners with fire shrimp do they fight, would my tank be too small for all 3?
 
The short answer is maybe. From what I've been able to gleam, it comes down to having enough territory for each. That being said, I found numerous examples of cohabitation in smaller and larger tanks.
 
I've got multiple fire shrimp with my cleaner and no issues ever. Fire shrimp are cryptic. Cleaner out 24. 7
 
I know fire shrimp can get really territorial if they're established in a tank and you add other shrimp, mine got super mad at the two little peppermints I added (she seems to be slowly chilling out about them), but I know less about the reverse situation.
 
I've got a 30 gallon with 2 cleaner shrimp, I'm wondering if anyone's kept cleaners with fire shrimp do they fight, would my tank be too small for all 3?
I have the two together with no issue
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new