Cleaning a Magfloat Glass Cleaner

CoffeeandReefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does everyone clean their glass cleaners? I restarted my tank as I had an issue with Dino’s for months that I couldn’t get under control, it ended up killing off all my coral so I decided to drain the tank scrub it clean as well as all the equipment and start fresh, but I noticed my magfloat glass cleaner has some brown build up on the bristles and I don’t want to chance introducing Dino’s back into the tank. Any help is much appreciated.
 
Welcome!
I’ve never cleaned one. :grimacing-face:
You can purchase new pads, though. It’s probably a good idea to do periodically anyway. I should do it myself.

Saltwateraquarium.com has them as well as other places.
 
Soaking in hydrogen peroxide then a good rinse should kill any dinos, I have found citric acid good for removing stains, not sure but I would think the acid should kill any dinos too. A couple of tablespoons in a little water to cover the float then leave for a few hours.
 
Welcome!
I’ve never cleaned one. :grimacing-face:
You can purchase new pads, though. It’s probably a good idea to do periodically anyway. I should do it myself.

Saltwateraquarium.com has them as well as other places.
Okay I’ll check those out, thanks!
 
Soaking in hydrogen peroxide then a good rinse should kill any dinos, I have found citric acid good for removing stains, not sure but I would think the acid should kill any dinos too. A couple of tablespoons in a little water to cover the float then leave for a few hours.
Okay I’ll give that a try, thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new