cleaning ato buckets tap water to RODI now

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im going to be using my old top off buckets that only have tap water in them to now RODI water do I need to clean them out or just fill them up like usual?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So im going to be using my old top off buckets that only have tap water in them to now RODI water do I need to clean them out or just fill them up like usual?

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question so feel free to ask for clarification or restate your question if necessary. It sounds like you are wanting to switch your buckets from tap water to RODI and are wondering if you need to do anything special. I would rinse out the buckets, let them dry completely, and then refill with RODI. If they only had tap water then there shouldn't be a reason to bleach, add prime, or take any other measures.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd wipe them down with vinegar, rinse them with rodi water and use them.

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep just changing from sink water to RODI toke an extra few days to set it up and i got inpatient and put tap water in the bucket

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use buckets all the time to perform tank tasks, then rinse with tapwater and let air dry.
The only time I worry about what's in the bucket is if I'm adding RO to my ATO as I don't want bacteria in there - had a slime issue years ago.
Otherwise, the small amount of tapwater residue in your buckets is nothing to worry about.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back